||All About A.A.E's Passive Solar Homes
A Different Kind of Warmth
- We design, engineer and market a unique concept
proper solar orientation, a superior 6-sided insulation envelope and a large air
integrated thermal mass system.
- Our unique homes can be built in whatever size, shape and
style you desire, i.e., contemporary, saltbox, traditional, etc.
- Insulated and sealed on all six sides with 4" of
polyisocyanurate (foam board) yielding a performance level of R38, 7 to 9
times higher than typical new homes.
- An integral air handling system powered by a small fan gathers air
at the peak of the house and pulls it down an airshaft to be delivered,
grid work of
pipes, buried in a heavy (70-100 ton) mass storage system under the lowest floor, and back
to the house interior perimeter.
- Air Quality: Healthy high winter humidity levels of 45-50 %
are maintained at all times. Filtration 3 times per hour of all indoor air
eliminates most dusting. Steady temperatures changing only 4 - 6 F. in 24 hours because
of mass tempering.
- Self-regulating system allows owners to leave for any winter
months by simply turning the key, the house will never freeze. Excellent for a second home
or ski lodge. Retired people enjoy the constant warmth, maintenance free operation and
minimal fuel bills.
- AAE has built over 300 Low Energy Requirement homes across
30 years in 15 eastern states.
Find out what our clients have to
say about us
|Would You Like a Lifetime of Energy Savings?
|Today you can
build a Low Energy Home for little more than the price of conventional construction yet
have a lifetime of energy savings. It is the most cost effective investment you will ever
make. Contact us today for more information.